Nucleus One has a customizable folder structure to meet your needs. Start with a grouping based on document category, but this can be edited to your liking. You can also group the documents utilizing a combination of categories and index values to create a folder tree as deep as you like.
Creating Folder Groups
In order to create new folder groups in Nucleus One, you must be the creator of a project or have the Administrator role for the project.
2. Click Folders.
• Existing Folder Groups are located on the left. When a project is created, the “By Classification” folder group is generated by default.
3. Click the cog wheel to create a new folder tree or edit an existing one.
4. To start a new structure, click the plus sign in the top right corner.
• To edit an existing folder group, click its name in the list.
5. Give your new folder tree a name by typing in the Folder-Group Name box.
6. Click the plus sign on the right to add subfolders to the group.
• You must add at least one level for the folder group to function.
7. Choose the subfolder type.
• Classification: Creates a folder using the Document’s Classification.
• Index Field: Uses some or all of an index value to create the folder. If Index Field is chosen, your options change slightly depending on the Data Type of your chosen Index Field.
• Text Data Type will give the options of the entire field or just the first, second, or third characters of that field value;
• Date Data Type will allow you to use the entire date, just the year, or the year and month.
• Currency and Number fields always use the entire value.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you are happy with the depth of your folder tree.
• The order of your folders can be rearranged by clicking and dragging the double vertical ellipses to the left of the folder levels.
• Unwanted subfolders can be deleted by clicking the checkboxes next to the folder level(s), then clicking the trash can in the top right corner.
9. Click save in the bottom right, once you are satisfied with your structure.
10. Here you can see a few examples of Folder Groups.
Deleting Folder Groups
In order to delete folder groups in Nucleus One, you must be the creator of a project or have the Administrator role for the project.
1. Follow steps 1 to 3 in Creating Folder Groups above to get to the Folder Groups Page.
2. Click the check boxes next to the folder trees you wish to remove.
3. Click the trash can icon to remove the folders.
• The documents will not be affected by removing the folders.